You can view your job calendar for better arrangement of your availability.
1. Go to "Job"
2. Tap on "Calendar"
3. Select any date that you want to check for
We feature new active sitters every week on our social media to help provide more exposure, leads and bookings for sitters.
Follow this 4 simple steps to get featured:
1) Post a picture of your pets OR you and your pets on Facebook
2) Add your listing profile link in your post
4) Don't forget to hashtag #petbackerfeatured
*Hint: the more post there is, the easier for our team to identify and feature you.
You may interested in:
1. You may click here to verify your email
2. You may verify your email through our app.
A. Go to "Profile".
B. Tap on "My Badges" or "Tasks"
C. Tap on "Email" to verify your email
Then you need to check your email inboxs for the verification email. If you do not receive our email, kindly learn more on does not receive email from PetBacker. What should I do?
If you are unable to take up the job, you may choose to decline it:
1. Select the job that you want to decline
2. Tap on "Decline" to decline the job
If you do not wish to receive other services type jobs that you did not offer, you may activate "Strict Job Assignment" function:
1. Go to "Profile"
2. Tap on "Setting Icon"
3. Enable Strict Job Assignment
When paused, your listing will not show up in the directory or in searches. You will not be notify or matched to any jobs for this listing. However, you will still be responsible for any confirmed as well as on-going bookings. To pause your listing:
1. Go to "Profile"
2. Tap on "Edit Listing" on the listing that you want to pause
3. Tap on the 3 dots menu and "Pause Listing"
A hidden listing will not show up in the directory. However, you will still be notified of new jobs and visible to users whom you have shared your listing link with before. To hide your listing:
1. Go to "Profile"
2. Tap on "Edit Listing" on the listing that you want to hide
3. Tap on the 3 dots menu and "Hide Listing"
If you have decide not to take any jobs due to your personal reasons, such as a full time job or back to study, you may choose to temporarily pause your listings, which gives you the flexibility of coming back anytime and resume your listings to accept jobs again.
Kindly be reminded that once your listing is closed, all associated reviews, ratings and jobs will be delete permanently and we will not be able to restore back your listings.
To unlist/close your listing:
1. Go to "Profile"
2. Tap on "Edit Listing" on the listing that you want to close
3. Tap on the 3 dots menu and "Close Listing"
To be a pet service provider, it is free. You need to complete the following steps to be a pet sitter or walker:
Step 1: List your service. Learn more on how to list your service?
Step 2: Verify your identification documents. Learn more on how to submit my identification documents for verification?
Step 3: Get 3 testimonials. Invite your friends to write a sincere testimony about you on your listing profile. These will help your listing profile to stand out. You'll need to get at least 3 testimonials before we can proceed to approve your listing, but we do recommend getting more.
Learn more on Why reviews and testimonials are important? and how to get testimonials?
Step 4: Complete our Pet Sitter Introduction Test.
After complete the steps above, your profile will go through a strict validation process and if deemed fit, we will approve the profile between 3-7 working days. Once approved, you can start accepting jobs on our platform.
Balance in your wallet can be withdraw to your preferred payout methods.
Withdrawable Balance - These are available balance in your wallet that are withdrawable, it includes funds from jobs, refunds as well as cancellations from bookings.
Non-Withdrawable Balance - These are balance in your wallet that are not available to be withdraw at the moment, it includes on-going bookings, disputes from jobs as well as any suspicious activities.
*It may take up to 7 working days on first time withdrawal/payout to verify account details.
Check In Form is to help backers to have an agreement upon checking-in for boarding. In the event of a dispute this form will help with the following:
1. Protect backers in the event of issues such as when a pet is declared as flea and tick free but discovered otherwise during the delivery of the service.
2. Proof that the backer's claim corresponds with the furry kids condition upon check in.
3. Supporting documents to support any disputes in the future.
What to do with this check in form?
1. Print out this Check In Form for pet owner to fill in
2. Check the furry kids carefully. Note any injuries or abnormality in the form in detail e.g. Scratches and blood scab on hind leg.
3. Have the pet owner sign the form as an agreement to check in the furry kids as mentioned in the form.
Paypal transaction fee will be borne by PetBacker if withdrawing more than the equivalent of USD$100 to your Paypal account. Paypal may charge you a small fee of roughly 2% for withdrawals lesser than the equivalent of USD$100.
If you are in these countries, withdrawals are free for any amount. PetBacker is working to support more countries for free withdrawals.
- Singapore (payout to Bank account)
- Hong Kong (payout to Paypal)
- Malaysia (payout to Bank account)
- United States (payout to Zelle)
- Australia (payout to Paypal)
- India (payout to Bank account)
- China (payout to Wechat)
* Payout minimum is revised to USD50 for the Phillipines
To reply the review, you need to:
1. Go to "Profile", select any listing
2. Tap on "View"
3. Tap on "Reviews"
4. Select the review that you want to reply to
5. Reply to the review
As a token of appreciation to our beloved Backers who support PetBacker, we offer an incentive program to lower the service fees charged to you for requests that you are hired for. The reduction in transaction fees are implemented in levels based on the number of jobs you have completed. This incentive program is only applicable to Backers who offer their services exclusively on PetBacker.
|Number of jobs||Service Fee|
|0 - 5||25%|
|6 - 150||20%|
|151 - 300||19%|
|301 - 1000||18%|
|1001 - 2000||17%|
|2001 - 3000||16%|
* The fees for broadcast jobs will default to 40% if it is discovered or reported that you are not exclusive to PetBacker. Private jobs will remain at the percentage you have previous achieved. From 1st January 2021 onwards, Pet Training services will remain with a fixed 35% service fees due to the high cost of advertising dog training and exempted from any incentive program.
Service users that are discovered or reported to offer their services on a competing platform will still enjoy service fees for private jobs from 25% to as low as 15% as per the incentive program however broadcast jobs will be charged at 30%. This is to be fair to loyal service users who work on PetBacker exclusively as well as allows us to more accurately monitor the number of pets the service user takes care of at any one time to provide a safer and more secure pet care.
Its just a 3 step process to resume a listing that has been paused.
1) Tap on "Profile" and in "Listings" check if your listing has been paused
2) Tap on "Edit Listing"
3) Tap on the 3 dot menu
4) Tap on "Resume Listing"
That's it! If your listing has been successfully resumed, the status will show "Listed"
Service users are required to collect the pet at a time and place agreed upon with the Pet Service Provider at the time of booking. In the event the pet is not collected at the said time and place, the Pet Service Provider receives the right to send the pet to a preferred adoption center, home or shelter e.g. SPCA, and it is strictly not the responsibility of PetBacker or the Pet Service Provider on any issues arising from the pet thereafter. We however advice to hold on to the pet for at least 24 hours in case the pet owner is delayed by an emergency. You may request for additional payment from the pet owner via PetBacker should the pet owner pick up the pet unreasonably late.
You may also be interested in:
In future if there is late pickup, you can ask owner for half day care extension. It help you in your profile with one extra repeated guest, and one extra job completed. Secondly.in the event there is a real case where parent didn't turn up, we will go through the abandoned and adoption process. However, we only kickstart the process after 48 hours to wait for the parents.
We will provide daily allowance for food up to 30 nights. The allowance is $1/day for pet sitters in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. For all other countries the allowance will be $0.50/day. This applies only to Pet Boarding jobs.
We will also run an adoption program by posting on Facebook, Instagram and ads worth $30 for the month. However, it is your choice to send them to a pet shelter for adoption, we however strongly do not recommend it as is better to find a home for them with our effort.
The message template system is a new feature introduced in the latest version on September 11, 2019. It allows you to still respond to pet owners even if your account is restricted by the AI system, compared to previously where you were not allowed to respond to jobs entirely.
There could be a few reasons why you are seeing the message template as in the above screen when trying to send messages to a pet owner in the chat:
1) You might have shared personal contact information before a fully refundable pre-payment for the job was made. Tap here to read more about what the benefits are and why it is safer to make a pre-payment before sharing your personal contact information. Do contact us if you feel our AI system made a mistake.
2) You are new and have less than 1 hired job.
3) You have less than 10% repeated customers or 20% repeat jobs
A few ways for you to enable the functionality to send any message you want are:
1) Have the pet owner make pre-payment for that job. The pre-payment can always be refunded or transferred to another Backer after a meet and greet if the pet owner does not find you suitable.
2) For new users, get hired for 1 job to level up to chat freely.
3) For old users, increase your repeated customers and bookings by ensuring Pet Owners make subsequent bookings on PetBacker
4) Subscribe as a Sponsor.
Finally, to avoid this restriction, refrain from sharing any contact information or third party websites before a booking for the job is made.
You might also be interested in: